Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A Bit of Fun


It's been a minute since I've released a contemporary, stand-alone romance, so it's thrilling for me to launch BEDDING MR. BIRDSONG on Amazon. This was fun to write. I created characters that made me smile and laugh and enjoy the experience of falling in love (again).

Writing romances is a great gig. I've fallen in love over and over again and I never tire of it. I mean, I create gorgeous guys, right? Who wouldn't fall in love with the likes of Levi Wolfe or Dalton Moon? Once again, I have conjured up a scrumptious hero in Matthew Birdsong. Although he has caged his heart after having it squashed by his ex-wife, he enjoys women and discovers that he especially enjoys hanging out with Zaney Miller, his neighbor. She is never without an opinion and her outlook on life makes him smile and  believe in love again. He falls under her charm, despite his intention of only having her as a friend.

Set in New York City, this book is meant to be light and flirty.

Writing humor is fun, but it's risky. Humor is totally subjective. What makes me giggle could leave you scratching her head and wondering what's so funny. I've guffawed at jokes while family members rolled their eyes and muttered, "How dumb." So, when a writer strives to make you smile, she knows that she might end up with egg on her face. However, I was in the mood to have some fun, so I decided to write what makes me smile and hope that most of you get the jokes and wit.

I'm writing another contemporary romance now, even though my plan was to write an historical western romance next. The lure of writing another fun one, though, was too much for me to resist. Maybe because we're all caught up in this virus nightmare and I need a real escape hatch! There's nothing like a flirty romance to make me forget that I'm in isolation and it's scary out there!

Stay safe, my friends, and grab a good book to enjoy. Preferably, one of mine! And smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment